Saturday, June 23, 2012

36 weeks = Bed Rest

Well, we made it to 36 weeks and things are going well.  Except for finding myself confined to our recliner with swollen feet and heat intolerance in the middle of June.  Here's the scoop...

About three weeks ago, we went for a check up and my blood pressure was higher than it had been running.  Since then, we have been checking it every day at home and no amount of water or elevation is bringing the swelling or blood pressure down.  Reducing my hours at work hasn't made much of a difference at work either. 

This week we went for another check up and nothing had improved.  So the Dr. sent us to the hospital for observation and lab work.  My first question: what happens if things don't look good?  The MD: Well sometimes we have to get this baby out for your safety and for hers.  Yikes.  So off we went to the hospital.

As a nurse, I am not a good patient.  As soon as I saw the hospital bed, the gown, etc., I started to panic...tears...etc.  The nurse for the day was amazing and reminded me that all nurses share the same fear of being the patient.  And so we got hooked up to the monitors and spent two hours watching and waiting. 

Everything came back normal and they sent us home with orders to stay off my feet, stay cool and drink lots of fluids.  We go back on Monday and hopefully we can keep this baby cooking for two more weeks, which may mean bed rest for me.

The good news: this baby girl is fine.  She shown any signs of stress this entire time.  So we happily continue to let her grow as she should.  And we have air conditioning, which is a novelty here in sunny Flagstaff.  So we continue to wait, and I try not to worry.  In the meantime, I thought I would update our blog with pictures.  It's been a while.  So here we go. :)

Ashlyn moved into a new room in our house to make room for baby sister and she got a new big girl bed.  Her first test run in the "star" bed.

Ashlyn's preschool had a bike rodeo.  They had to go through different parts of the road like crosswalks and stop signs and railroad crossings.  She never wanted to stop!





We celebarted our first anniversary with a weekend in Scottsdale.  It was perfect weather and we spent all day at the swimming pool.  It was a great weekend, ending with dinner at the best steakhouse either of us have ever been to!  Excuse my swollen, large body.  Pregnancy is not kind in photos...



Our anniversary dessert.  They treated us so well there.  It was so fun!


Ash's preschool had a science fair with hands on projects for the kids to try out. 
Here she is grinding corn into bird food.  She loved the fair and wanted to re-do all the projects at our house later that week! :)


I gave Ashlyn a little sleeping mask that I found in my stuff one day and this is how I found her in the car one day.  Don't be fooled...she is deep asleep!  She slept for almost an hour like this!

 
We took Ashlyn on a a little trip as a family to Phoenix while Caleb was doing some training. 
Here she is at the play place in the mall. 



Swimming at the pool while Dad is in training.  This girl LOVES swimming!


We went to get ice cream and found this fountain.  She kept staring at it so longingly while we ate some ice cream, I couldn't resist letting her run around for a while.  Dream come true :)


And last but not least, here is our baby crib.  Pink Giraffes!  She is really coming! 
We are so excited for another girl in our family!


Hopefully next time you hear from us, I will have a baby sleeping by me :)

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you Jenni!!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do! (Other than bringing by your shower gift since we were out of town for it!)
    We will keep you all in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute that Ashlyn fell asleep with that on her face in the car! Hahaha!

    Also, I didn't comment last time, but congratulations on receiving your endowments! I hope that it was a wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete